Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Flux



Flux: To be in a state of continuous change, instability, unrest and flow.

For the longest time, it has felt like a sustained, unending season of flux for me. So much has felt uncertain and out of my control, not only in my external situations, but even more so in my inner being.

At 41 years of age, I would have wished to be far further along in my maturity, character development and wholeness as a person but it's become clear that I'm a terribly slow learner in this particular aspect of inner growth.

As yet another season of raw self-awareness kicks in, I'm left grasping at two things.

Firstly, a state of flux means that I still have the potential to change. The pain of being in a season of transition and self-dissatisfaction gives me a footing and motivation to try to do something about my undesired status.

Secondly, being in this season really reveals who my true friends are. They are those who see beyond my weak moments and inadvertent reactions, and believe in the person within. When I want to give up, they are the ones who continue calling out the person God has created me to be.

What more could a man ask for in this season? In Christ, this is more than enough: the hope for change and the companions who stand by my side.

I'm more grateful than words can express.

0 comments:

Post a Comment