Monday, November 12, 2012

Writing break



I may take a break from blogging for awhile.

A friend told me that it was national novel writing month in November and directed me to the official website, where I have just registered an account.

I've always wondered if I could write a book and on an impulsive whim, I'm going to give it a go this month. I know I'm starting 12 days late and that no one will ever believe that I will see this through to completion especially with my commitments and exercise initiative.

But I'm not looking to finish it this month. I'm looking to get started. The targeted word count for a novel is 50,000 words but I'm going to target 20,000 for now and probably only submit it next time round, if at all.

I'm quite excited to see what comes of this so watch this space at the end of November and I'll show you doubters that I can do at least 20,000 words.

Since tomorrow is a public holiday, I'm starting tonight so wish me luck!

If all works out, maybe I'll put everything I've written on this blog or a separate blog for all you critics to completely destroy my ego.

0 comments:

Post a Comment