Sunday, March 3, 2013

Exercise update, Week 9


It was not easy this week to get the three workouts in because I was travelling for work for a few days, and at the same time, I needed to be wary of not doing any exercise which would affect the half marathon this morning. I only decided to do it impulsively on Thursday even though I had not really trained for it. I mean, how hard could it be?
  • Monday: Rest
  • Tuesday: 30 minutes gym
  • Wednesday: Rest
  • Thursday: Rest
  • Friday: Rest
  • Saturday: 10km jog
  • Sunday: 21.1km jog

The gym session on Tuesday didn’t really work out. I did the usual compound exercise routine but only did two rounds of the circuit instead of three because I was feeling quite nauseous and didn’t want to throw up. I also decided not to do any Insanity this week because it would tax me too much before the race.

The mistake I did was the 10km jog on Saturday. I expected to do a relaxing 5km preparatory run but ended up doing a route which was double of what I intended. It meant that I went into the next day’s race with some small aches in my muscles and the soles of my feet.

For the half marathon, it was my first ever race. I won’t write much about it here because I intend to do so in a separate post but I’ll say this – it was very tough, very painful and I didn’t think I could make it.

I’m curious to know what kind of workout I’ll be able to get in next week because I’ll be aching from the run and don’t expect that I’ll be up to doing the recovery runs which my friends keep talking about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment