Monday, April 18, 2011

Movie kicks



I felt some pretty significant kicks yesterday as I placed my hand on her tummy at the cinema. I think the baby was either enjoying Jake Gyllenhaal's Source Code performance or complaining that it was too noisy. No more light taps...there's some pretty vigorous squirming going on there! She's going to be as active as her daddy.

We've kind of decided on a name as we wait for more confirmation on the gender...but the time a doctor is 100% sure may be on delivery itself. The next check up is on the 26th of April, and I'm really hoping that the baby is not as shy as the last time we did the ultrasound.

We spent the day yesterday going to shops in the mall to scout the prices of strollers, baby seats, cots, toys, clothes...It's really quite a heavy commitment financially and I'm beginning to see what they mean when people say that babies are expensive!

But it did make my heart go all mushy when I saw the tiny shoes and clothes which the baby could wear.

I think part of coming to terms more with the pregnancy is supported by the fact that I am constantly thinking about the new addition to the family.

I've worked out comprehensively what we need to save by delivery, how we are going to support the expenses post-delivery and at what point, we can start having savings again.

My toilet reading is now completely supplemented by baby books to keep growing my knowledge on what I need to know during the wife's pregnancy and after. It's been a great help because the wife and I don't react or panic whenever there are new developments such as the pains of the uterus expanding, whole day nausea during the first trimester and sensitivity to caffeine. We can experience them without fear, knowing that it is just part of the proper process.

We've only just passed four months...and part of me is already wishing that it went a little faster. But on the whole, I realise that we will need the time to prepare and adapt to the changes which are happening and which will come after delivery, so I'm just trying to enjoy the process (in between worrying about finances).

Week 19 starts tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment