Friday, May 13, 2011

Insane


"Most people overestimate what they can accomplish in a year
and underestimate what they can achieve in a decade."

~Anthony Robbins~

I have to constantly remind myself that personal development doesn't usually happen in a flash, and that sometimes it takes years of doing the same thing over and over again and building momentum before my capacity is able to properly grow.

I've heard that the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Development can take this form though because as you keep persevering in the right direction, the results might not show until much later. It's like pushing a big rock up a hill, where no tangible benefit is seen all the way up, but once it hits the top, it starts rolling down faster and faster relying on all the sweat, tears and momentum built up over the years to carry it all the way through.

Call me insane. But this is what I believe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment