Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Exercise initiative


I’ve been really wanting to kick start an exercise programme and so before July started, I made a deal with Sarah – from August 1, every one week that passes, I would try to have 3 sessions where I would put RM10 in a jar for every session that I missed.

This means that if I don’t do exercise at all in one month, I may put up to RM140 into the jar which is almost similar to the price of signing up with a gym which was one of my considerations, where I thought that spending the money would motivate me to get my butt moving.

But it’s been a failure so far. Up till the 19th, I had accumulated exactly 0 workouts, and had put in RM60 into the jar already. Then there was a 4-day weekend where we stayed in town to catch up on rest and finally, I began.

On the 19th, I started with the Fit Test for the Insanity programme, where you have to do 8 exercises for a minute each to see how many you can do. I only managed 3 of the exercises before I stopped because I didn’t pace myself coming in cold from such a long period of inactivity.

On the 20th, I tried to do the Plyometric Cardio session but my wife was out of town and I had to take care of the baby who refused to let me put her down. So I tried to do it with her sitting on my shoulders and gave up before the halfway mark.

And then finally on the 21st, I managed to complete the whole Plyometric workout but at half-pace although it was a good sweat out.

I think my target will be to do a few more half-pace sessions for this month and then if I have the momentum, to start the full programme from September. Let’s see how this goes, shall we?

0 comments:

Post a Comment