Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fitness conversations


After all the encouragement I received from my wife, I decided to try and rebuild my self-esteem through my mom.

My parents recently came back from a couple of overseas trips and bought me some souvenirs. Last night, my mom passed me a wife-beater singlet she had gotten and asked me to try it on.

I put it on, stood in front of the mirror, and seeing as my arms were bare, immediately took the chance to tense my biceps extensively, looking at them from all the different angles possible. I was happy to note that there was a visible change in the size and toning of the various upper arm muscles. (Disclaimer: Extreme personal bias allowed.)

I turned my side profile to my mom, pressed my arm against my side to artificially push out my biceps even further and looked to her for approval.

Me: It's good that you bought me this sleeveless shirt because I've been going to the gym and can show off my nicer muscles better. (I know, I'm shameless in trying to build my ego and find more fitness motivation...)

Mom: What's wrong? You turning gay, ah??? (In her normal manglish accent.)

She didn't even bother to look at my arms once.

0 comments:

Post a Comment