Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fitness conversations

I had two conversations with my wife this week relating to my fitness initiative. Here's how they went.

Over dinner, I asked her whether my body has changed since I started exercising over a month ago.

Wife: "Well..." (Long pause)

I leaned forward, eagerly anticipating her answer.

Wife: "Your tummy is not bulging as much?!" (Emphasis on the word 'bulging')

I didn't know whether to be encouraged or to cry.

Then last night, I stood in front of the mirror, shirtless and in my 'muscleman' pose, trying to observe if there had been any changes.

The wife walks into the room, sees me and we had the following conversation.

Me: I can start to see some changes in my stomach. I think it's more defined.
Wife: Let me have a look.

She looks long and hard for about 10 seconds.

Wife: Are you tensing your stomach?
Me: Yeahhh... (Looking sheepish)

I stop tensing and after she sees the result, she proceeds to fall down laughing for a good 10 seconds.

Upon seeing my hurt expression, she says sorry and asks me to to tense up my stomach again. She then looks long and hard at my stomach for 10 seconds.

Wife: Are you tensing yet?

I was crushed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment