Sunday, November 11, 2012

Exercise update, Week 12


This was a busier week than usual with some unexpected events which meant that allocating time for exercise was more challenging than usual and so my target was just to fulfil the three days of exercise for the week.
  • Monday: 30 minute gym
  • Tuesday: Rest day
  • Wednesday: 25 minute jog
  • Thursday: 40 minute Plyometric Insanity session
  • Friday: Rest day
  • Saturday: Rest day except for m-100s
  • Sunday: 20 minute slow jog

First of all, the baby was sick with her first fever accompanied by a throat infection, cough and flu. She was miserable and when the baby is miserable, she very easily makes her parents even more miserable.

Second of all, the wife had some ministry commitments which came up suddenly and on those days, if I wanted to exercise I would have needed to start past 11pm, which I'm not keen to do.

And finally, I was just not in the mood. I've heard of cheat days but it was basically cheat week especially in my diet. I was craving so much unhealthy food and I felt hungry all the time. I had 'nasi lemak with beef rendang' three times for breakfast, deep fried chicken job, honey glazed pork ribs and two rounds of KFC.

But when all is said and done, I did still fulfil four days of exercise and for that I am content to still go on and build on this base.

On Saturday, I tried a workout from Youtube called m-100s. It doesn't really qualify in my targets because you can finish it in around 5 to 10 minutes depending on how many breaks you take and one of my requirements was minimum 20 minutes.

But it's really tough.

It consists of 10 burpees, 10 mountain climbers and 10 double power squats, repeated in three cycles, and ending with 10 burpees. The guy in the video went all the way without stopping but I basically did m-30s with a 1-minute break in between each, then finishing with the m-10 burpees.

It was only less than 10 minutes but I was already drenched in sweat and panting. This is definitely something I'm going to incorporate into my warm up or workout routine when I can.

Give it a go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment