Sunday, December 2, 2012

Exercise update, Week 15


After 14 weeks, I finally failed to hit the targets I had set for my exercise initiative.

The signs leading up to this week were already there and I'm honestly in a place where it's very hard to motivate myself to keep it up; late nights, full schedules, falling sick and most of all, work has just gotten so much heavier and more stressful.

This week I made it a point not to stay back late in the office but most nights, did work on my laptop from home. Last night, I worked until 2:30am and took me awhile to get to sleep after because my mind was still so active.

This is what I managed:
  • Monday: 30 minutes gym
  • Tuesday: Rest
  • Wednesday: Rest
  • Thursday: Rest
  • Friday: Rest
  • Saturday: M-100s to 10 minutes on the punching bag
  • Sunday: 30 minutes hiking
During mid-week, I was hit with another bad bout of food poisoning with fever and aches but recovered a bit quicker this time. However, my momentum was already lost and even my half-hearted attempts during the weekend were rather pathetic.

I struggled through Saturday's workout at half-pace and I'm not counting Sunday's at all because I didn't sweat. It was just a relaxing stroll with my parents and baby, and I only did one courtesy lap of the trail rather than the usual six or seven that I do.

So now, I owe the penalty bin RM10.

But more importantly, what do I do from here? It's obvious that I have absolutely no motivation during this season and pushing it through is only torturing myself. I have no basketball tournament, no group of friends that I'm joining for badminton or futsal, and no beach holiday coming up where I may want my body to look better.

Even more significant is the next baby on the way where after six months, I'm probably going to be taking an extended break from exercise with a toddler and a newborn to take care of.

I can introduce a drastic change to kick-start an exercise routine again so that at least I can build my fitness for six months before the break where I'm considering a kickboxing gym with two of my friends. Or I can begin the slow fade away from pushing myself to exercise and start filling my ever decreasing time with other activities which I have been neglecting...

I still haven't made my decision but maybe I'll just take it easy in December, take a break from making goals, and set new resolutions from January onward. It's Christmas season anyway!

0 comments:

Post a Comment