Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Startup Kids



This documentary is my next must-watch video if I can get my hands on it.

It's definitely something that gets my blood racing especially because it relates to the tech business I founded awhile back which I'm still actively involved in.

It's clear that the video takes on an angle to inspire more people to take the plunge into entrepreneurship and may paint an unrealistic picture of what it means to start a business by focusing on success stories, it's motivational nonetheless.

Here are some of my favourite quotes from the trailer.

This is the most manic-depressive way you could possibly live life. You’re never having a good day; you’re either having the best day ever or you think you’re about to die.

Everything you’re doing is basically something you’re just barely qualified for or not qualified for at all. It’s like jumping off a cliff and having to build your own parachute.

I remember writing letters to my friends and family saying, “sorry, you don’t know me anymore”. I just let all my relationships go because nothing was as important as this.

I don’t know why anyone thinks that our lives are all rainbows and sunshine.

Being successful in your own company; there is no freedom like it in the whole world.


0 comments:

Post a Comment