Sunday, December 9, 2012

Exercise update, Week 16


Quick update today because it's been such a busy stretch at work.

This is how the week looked.
  • Monday: Rest
  • Tuesday: 30 minutes gym
  • Wednesday: Rest
  • Thursday: 20 minutes jogging
  • Friday: Rest
  • Saturday: Rest
  • Sunday: 30 minutes hiking (morning), 40 minutes gym (evening)
Considering how crazy it has been, I'm just glad I managed to fulfill the minimum three days of exercise.

Sunday's gym session was especially unique. My apartment gym is usually relatively empty and I like it when I'm the only one using it because I get quite self-conscious grunting to lift those 5-pound weights when someone next to me is doing 30 pounds on each arm without so much as a peep.

But this particular evening, it was before dinnertime and there was a raging thunderstorm outside, which may have discouraged anybody going out. So in that tiny gym area, there were no less than eight other people.

I almost went home so many times to join my wife and daughter, who were in a state of nap bliss which is particularly enjoyable when it's raining. But I managed to stay through although I had to keep changing my workout to accommodate which equipment was available.

I started on the cycling machine which I've never ever used in my life. It's tougher than it looks and after 10 minutes of maintaining the speed at over 100 RPMs, sweat was starting to pour out of me. I decided to stop before I cramped when I saw one of the treadmills free up since the weights section was still very full and did 2.2km in 10 minutes.

Finally, I moved over to the weights section and did some work on my three sets of bicep curls, push ups, shoulder presses and sit ups. But I was honestly too tired to push and pretty much focused on just getting them done because I almost stopped after each set. At the same time, I couldn't do them in order because I had to adjust to what other people in the gym were using so I kept losing momentum.

Every week, it gets harder and harder. December's not a good month for exercise initiatives at all. I need a break.

0 comments:

Post a Comment