Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Update

It’s been awhile since I updated this blog. And beyond that, it’s been awhile since I actually wrote out a post other than the ‘administrative’ type posts like the weekly exercise summary, the monthly financial update or a lesson for new dads, which take me all of five minutes to write.

So I’ve made a decision.

No more weekly exercise updates. I’m still passionate about fitness but I’ll write about it as and when I feel like it without following a weekly routine. Part of the reason is that I’ve hit a plateau and this three times a week goal is not enough to sustain me anymore. I haven’t really done any exercise the last two weeks and even when I get around to doing some, I’m just trying to get through it rather than get the most out of it.

There’s just been too much going on and I’ve been too fatigued with hardly any sleep for a month already. I need to hit the reset button and try to restore some semblance of balance again if I’m going to bounce back from this. I don’t even know what my goal is anymore – I want to build more muscle, but I need to get ready for the basketball tournament, the half marathon and the Viper Challenge, all of which have a very different approach and preparation.

For now, I’m not going to bother figuring it out. I just want to find my joy in exercising again and get away from this tiredness.

No more monthly financial updates. It’s the same pattern every month – everything is basically under control and well-managed except for miscellaneous spending. So, we just need to be aware of the times we decide to treat people for a nice meal, go to weddings, full moon celebrations, funerals, buy presents, etc…So if we really find ourselves critically short of cash, it’s clear what we have to cut out.

The lessons for dads will continue whenever I feel like posting one as I’m still targeting to reach 100 lessons before closing the chapter on it completely. Truth be told, I’ve just been randomly posting on Facebook every time something comes to me and I’m up to around 71 lessons already, I’ll be progressively pasting it up on the blog so that eventually there’s an easy repository if anyone wants to read all at the same time.

Now, the question is when I’ll have time to actually write a real post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment