Thursday, October 17, 2013

You're mine



Sam is now four and a half months old, and Nat had been handling things pretty well for a few months. But more recently, she's suddenly become more insecure and very, very clingy to my wife.

She doesn't really bother as much with me unless she feels like playing or going out to the mall, but she constantly seeks for affection from Sarah. When my wife is breastfeeding Sam at night, Nat demands to be carried at the same time. As she falls asleep, she grabs Sarah's hand and strokes it on her own cheek.

And every time we reach our destination in the car, she instructs us very specifically, "Papa will carry Sam Sam and Mama will carry Natalie. OK? OK?" in that cute sing-song voice of hers.

We've taken many steps to reassure her, telling her often and consistently that we love her, spending a lot of quality time with her, and giving her the type of bear hugs which make it difficult to breathe. I'm pretty sure she knows deep down that she means everything to us, but it's just a phase she'll have to get through.

I was listening to a conversation Nat was having with Sarah a couple of nights back before she fell asleep, which made me smile.

Nat: Mama, I want to go play with Yun Ho. (She recognised him from Facebook on our phone)
Sarah: It's late Nat, Yun Ho will be sleeping.
Nat: Ohhhh, sleeping at his home?
Sarah: Yes, that's right, at his home.
Nat: Tomorrow, I go play with Yun Ho?
Sarah: We'll have to ask Yun Ho's mama first, OK?
Nat: (Looking confused) ...But you are mama?
Sarah: I'm your mama. Yun Ho also has his own mama.
Nat: Ohhhh, you're my mama!
(She smiles, closes her eyes, and hugs on to Sarah's arm tightly.)
Nat: Mama, you're mine.

She's really so adorable (especially when she's not being naughty to get attention)...and she's growing up way too fast. :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment