Monday, March 28, 2011

Our lil' peanut


We're about to finish Week 15 and start Week 16 this week.

The baby should be between 4 and 4.5 inches long now around the size of an apple of avocado. The legs are far more developed, the eyes have moved closer to the front of the head, and the ears are close to their final position too. The toenails have even started growing. The little heart is now pumping close to 25 quarts of blood each day - you go, baby!

At this point, I've read that it only starts to hit some parents that they have a child and they feel a bit antagonistic towards the baby because of the changes it means for their lives which they are not ready for.

I'm...not there yet. Hopefully ever.

I'm still rather excited. The next ultrasound is tomorrow and I'm preparing my thumb drive so that I can spent countless, countless hours analysing the video to see whether they is a big penis hanging there or not. Hey, I'm one of those who don't mind knowing the gender of my child before the birth.

One thing that has been quite noticeable from Saturday night is that the baby bump on the wife. I can finally see her tummy growing. And Sunday it was even larger - it literally grew out overnight and the wife was complaining of momentary sharp abdominal pains because the uterus was making more space for the baby's current home.

This is corresponding to week 16's update from babycenter.com: "Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length."

I'm supposed to get used to talking to the growing tummy so that I build up the habit of constantly speaking to the baby to develop language skills. I haven't started yet because I fear I'll become overly attached too early and I can't exactly drag my wife's tummy to work with me, can I?

0 comments:

Post a Comment