Monday, June 13, 2011

Letter 2 (N)


Dear Natalie,

It's been awhile since I wrote my first letter to you and you're 27 weeks old today already...although that clock resets back to 0 in September. On one hand, I'm rather looking forward to meeting you but on the other hand, I wish I could take more time to savour the days because so many things are happening that it's been too hectic to sit back at any point to enjoy the moment.

I've heard that in general the second half of the 9 months feels far longer than the first half but I beg to differ. It's like if you knew that the most amazing and beautiful princess in the universe were going to visit your humble home, wouldn't you take the time to prepare for her coming? The house would be renovated extensively, the transportation prepared, the logistics perfectly planned out, and the red carpet ready to be rolled out.

Well, that's a bit like how I feel.

You are going to be the second princess who walks into my life and sweeps me off my feet...figuratively, of course. I mean, how can a little baby pick up a fully grown adult?

So your mommy and daddy are now doing what we can to prepare for your grand entrance. A new, safer car to travel around comfortably in. A new, more spacious home closer to your grandparents so that they can pamper you more. And a new job so that hopefully, we can provide for all your future needs as you grow up.

Do you know that you've started hiccuping regularly? Maybe once every couple of days, you spend a few minutes with hiccup spasms. It makes me wonder if you swallowed some water in mommy's tummy and needed to push it back out, but it's somewhat comforting to feel you go through some of these things as if to remind us that you're still in there and that you can't wait to get out.

You should be around 2 pounds now and over 14 inches tall. Apparently, you can open and close your eyes, as well as suck your thumb. Please don't get too used to that because it's not good for the development of your teeth later on...

Another 3 more months before your expected due date. If you come out early, you may share a birthday with my brother and if you come out later, you may share a birthday with your grandmother. Personally, I prefer earlier (for no particular reason) or on schedule but I guess only time will tell.

Until the next time I write you then. I still can't wait to meet you and continue to keep you in my prayers always.

Love,

Dad

0 comments:

Post a Comment