Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Letter 1 (S)


Dear Samantha,

I want to let you know something; your mummy and I, we love you so much. You're now 22 weeks along in her tummy and we can't wait to meet you. The doc is 90% sure you're a girl so we've decided on a name already if you are.

Yesterday was the first time I felt you kick. It was almost like you knew I was resting my hand on mummy's stomach and you kept kicking so hard as though you were insisting that I acknowledge you more while you are in there.

I have to admit, it's very different than when it was your older sister. Back then, everything was new and we spent every night of the pregnancy curled in bed reading 'What To Expect When You're Expecting", taking note of every detail and experience. Nowadays, there are almost no questions during the regular check ups with the doctor and we just go with the flow.

Your mum's very worried that everyone will love you less because all the attention is going to be on your older sister. We've had many conversations where she shared this concern to me with tears streaming down her face (I'll have you know that pregnant women are more emotional). Other days, she would beat me up saying that I'm not loving you enough.

I'll tell you a secret: She doesn't need to worry.

I love you to bits and when you come out, you will be every bit as loved as your older sister. And if your grandparents appear more attached to her since they have had more time to bond, I promise you I will lavish even more love on you.

You've been giving your mummy a rather rough time. I've lost count how many times she's vomited and her nausea is far, far worse than during the first pregnancy. Her tummy is also growing much faster. Please try to take it easy on her and don't grow too big so that you can come out naturally, OK?

From the way you are moving constantly and kicking around so much, I can already tell that you're going to be very active just like your sister. I look forward to all the sports sessions we're going to have as a family and I'm going to truly enjoy training you guys up in whatever you enjoy.

Your official due date is 4 June but I think it would be pretty cool if you came out on the same date as your mummy's birthday: June 1. Wouldn't it neat if you could celebrate your birthday with her every year? Then your daddy would only need to pay for one party each time!

It is your mummy's prayer (and mine) that you and your 'che che' are going to be best friends, growing up together and supporting each other. Make sure you guys don't get too competitive and forget that as a family, we want to help each other succeed in whatever we set out to do, and not to tear each other down.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers always.

Love,

Dad

0 comments:

Post a Comment