Monday, January 28, 2013

Zombie Run update


It’s happening this Saturday.

When I first wrote about the event, I didn’t have most of the details yet because the event organisers were still revealing it bit by bit on the Facebook page.

First of all, it won’t take teams a whole day to get through the course as I originally assumed. There are five different waves where 40 teams of five members will be assigned to each wave. This means there are 200 teams in total of which registration is already full.

Secondly, the registration fee for each team is RM375, which is RM75 per pax. This is rather steep but considering the amount of set up and preparation needed, I decided to go ahead with it just so I could say that I was part of the first Zombie Run in Malaysia.

Thirdly, everyone is assigned a bib with only one life strap attached with Velcro (captains get two). If the zombies pull it off, you have to exit the course. I felt that this was unfair because if you pay RM75 and get killed in the first five minutes, you won’t get to play much at all. I would have preferred if you could run on with your team to experience the teamwork and fun of the treasure hunt, but then have points deducted at the end depending on how many ‘deaths’ there were in your team.

Fourthly, there are tokens to collect throughout the course, and if any of your team survives, the points will be based on how many tokens are collected. Sounds tough…to have to survive AND collect these tokens.

Also, there is a secret shop set up somewhere in the middle where you need to find and access with a password: “Zombie Market”. Finding this shop will be a risk because you need to find the correct zombie and say the password – if you find the wrong zombie, you’re probably dead.

Finally, depending on where you purchased your Zombie Run tickets for participation, you get certain perks or power-ups. We bought ours from Kelana Jaya and the perk we got was that the captain gets one additional life strap.

I’m quite happy with this perk because as the captain, I already have two life straps – this enables me to have three life straps to allocate to those who die if I want to revive them based on the team’s strategy.

I’m really excited!

I’m hoping for good weather, lots of fun and no injuries. Wish us luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment