Sunday, January 27, 2013

Exercise update, Week 4


In terms of exercise, I have to say I had a pretty awesome week.

There are two reasons for this. Firstly, Thursday was a public holiday and instead of sleeping in, I woke up early in the morning to have a good session in the gym and secondly, the Zombie Run coming up is good incentive to be at a fitter and stronger place.

What I truly enjoyed the most is that I finally got to have a week where I could find time to hit the gym and weights without it impacting on other areas like family time, work, business or ministry. Ideally, I want to be able to have more of these weeks because I want to eventually move on from the 'scrawny' look to a more 'athletic' look, going ahead!

Here is how the week looked.
  • Monday: 45 minutes gym
  • Tuesday: Rest
  • Wednesday: Rest
  • Thursday: 45 minutes gym (morning), 30 laps swimming (evening)
  • Friday: 45 minutes gym
  • Saturday: 45 minutes jog (morning), 10 laps swimming (afternoon)
  • Sunday: 45 minute gym

Four sessions in the gym in a week - what a miracle. I still can't believe it was possible and I don't believe it will be something I can repeat often, I do, I should celebrate it.

For three of the gym sessions, I did what is now my standard gym routine - since it was Monday, Thursday and Sunday, I got to rest those muscle groups in the days in between. The Friday session I focused completely on biceps and my chest and my chest muscles are still aching today (the good ache) which means I targeted them well.

Saturday morning was fun because my colleagues joined me at the park for Zombie Run training where we did some normal jogging, hills, stairs and even some sprints.

And for the two swims, it was spontaneous because my daughter insisted on swimming and when my wife takes her out to wash up, I continue in the pool for a few minutes just to get some laps in. But I find swimming the toughest exercise because I can't seem to get my breathing right and in between each lap, I need to stop five seconds to catch my breath. I'm not a strong swimmer at all.

In the coming week, there are two public holidays so let's see if I can maintain my momentum and get another great week of exercise in. It's truly a wonderful feeling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment