Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Random conversations


I really enjoy the conversations I have with my wife.

I keep hearing people saying that it’s almost impossible for friends to progress to romance because it’s too weird. I always get puzzled by this because the wife and I started out as friends, progressing to close friends and I am truly grateful that I can spend the rest of my life married to my best friend.

I also hear so many stories from people who need to have a close group of friends outside their marriage where they can let loose and be themselves. When they get home, they have to ‘behave’ and hide parts of themselves from their spouses. It’s difficult for me to understand this because my wife has seen me at my worst and also my best, and I think I’m far more ‘obscene’ around her than anyone else…no one else would understand it or accept it anyway!

OK, I shouldn’t go too off tangent. I had two conversations recently with her which made me crack up.

The first conversation was in the car where one of the games we play is to say a familiar word and the baby would repeat after us excitedly.

Me: Papaya
Baby: PAPA…YAAA!
Me: Banana
Baby: NA…NANAAA!
Me: Yay
Baby: YAAYYYYY!
Me: Yes
Baby: YEEEESSHTTHH…
Wife: OH NO, our baby has a lisp!!!
Me: -_- No…she’s just learning how to talk.


The second conversation was regarding a movie date we were planning one Friday night when our daughter was going to a birthday party with her grandparents and we would be free. I had called in the afternoon to list out the movies we could watch and told her that if possible I wanted to catch ‘Here comes the boom’, a comedy about MMA.

She called again in the evening right before I left work to confirm plans.

Wife: So what’s the plan tonight?
Me: We’ll go for a nice dinner somewhere and then ‘HERE COMES THE BOOM’!

(I was quite excited since we hardly ever have a date night and the movie trailer looked rather funny.)

Wife: Erm…OK. HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Me: …‘Here comes the boom’ is the movie I was telling you about just now.
Wife: Oooooohhhh.

In the end, we didn’t even manage to go for dinner or the movie because on the way back from work, the grandparents called and told us that the baby has a slight fever so we went over, picked her up, and spent the night taking care of her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment