Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Letter 2 (S)

Dear Samantha,

How time flies – you’ve already been in mommy’s tummy for over 28 weeks now and we’ll be seeing you in around 2.5 months!

I don’t think I can fully explain to you how unprepared I feel right now, and it’s not because we didn’t plan to have you; everything has just been moving too fast and it’s been so busy that it feels like I haven’t planned out so many things.

I think if you were here, you’d pat me on my shoulder and say “Don’t worry, daddy. Everything is going to be all right.” But I guess you’re not going to be able to do that from your mummy’s tummy so I’m going to have to stumble forward without that reassurance!

You know what I said in the last letter about your mom being worried that I would not love you enough? Well…it’s still going on!

You should see the tears in the eyes that she tries to hide by turning every time she complains about how I shared so much more about your older sister on Youtube and Facebook during her first pregnancy compared to now.

Or the number of times she grabs my hand when I’m driving to put on her stomach to feel you kicking and hiccupping. And every time she does that she gives me a certain ‘look’…it’s a fierce look where’s she’s almost daring me to take my hand away and confirm that I don’t care about you as much.

Suffice to say, I spend much of the time in the car with one hand on the steering wheel and the other on her stomach…on you.

So, as you can see, your mother loves you so very much. She will defend you, protect you and care for you with all of her heart.

I’m not sure whether she would want me to tell you this, but your older sister is starting to fall in love with you too. She’s only just starting to comprehend that you are in mommy’s tummy but nowadays when we ask her where Sam is, she replies, “Sam, where?”, walks over to mommy, lifts up her shirt and gives her tummy a big kiss.

Just so you know, kissing is her way of saying, “I love you, sis”. She’s going to be a great ‘che che’ and will take good care of her but you also have to make sure you listen to her and love her back, OK?

Since you’ve been kicking so hard and moving around so actively, I’m pretty sure you’re getting a little restless in there as well, knowing that there are so many people waiting to welcome you with open arms.

I’ll end this letter with a video we got a couple of days ago of a detailed scan. So now your mom can’t complain I haven’t uploaded any videos of her pregnancy with you! I’m still trying to figure out whether who you look like more...


And yes, in case you were wondering, your daddy loves you as well. I can’t wait to meet you and am counting the days.

Love,

Dad

0 comments:

Post a Comment