Thursday, May 31, 2012

Reading update


After thinking I'd take a one week break from reading, that break has continued throughout May. I haven't read at all for over a month and to be honest, it feels rather refreshing.

Not that there are no more late nights since there are plenty of things to keep me up, namely a very active baby, but at least I have had more sleep across month than I would have if I had continued my reading rampage.

If I didn't read any more books until the end of this year, I think I'd still consider the 34 books to fill my quota. However, I will set some easy targets for myself to achieve for 2012...

To finish the 3 books I bought for stage of the Drizzt series installment. I already spent good money on them and I truly enjoy the story so I might as well read those at the very least.

To read and finish the Game of Thrones series of which I've only read book 1 and know that I won't be shortchanged. The storytelling is colourful, deep and engaging.

To throw in a couple of self-help books whether Christian, leadership or business as well so that I can at least feel a bit more productive about the time I spend reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment